Chiropractic care might be one of the most misunderstood practices. Thanks to circulating misinformation, there are a lot of people who think chiropractic treatment just means getting your “back cracked.”
In reality, there’s so much more that goes into good chiropractic care. If you’re experiencing chronic pain and haven’t been able to find relief through traditional medicine, you should consider visiting the experts at Sea Change Chiropractic in St. Petersburg, FL for a complete evaluation.
For now, though, we want to share some often-unknown facts about chiropractic that might surprise you!
- A licensed chiropractor can practice in any (or all) of the 50 states.
- Contrary to popular belief, many chiropractic treatments are covered by insurance programs.
- Chiropractors are the third largest group of medical practitioners out there!
- Nearly one in ten Americans visit a chiropractor every year. Will it be you this year?
- Obtaining a doctorate degree in chiropractic requires at least seven years of post-secondary education.
- Chiropractic is the fastest-growing health care profession in the United States.
- While chiropractic care is often considered great corrective treatment, it can also be great for preventative care. With proper education and regular adjustments, you can keep future injuries from occurring and improve mobility.
- Have you normalized your chronic pain? Often, what people shrug off as “normal” discomfort can actually be corrected by a chiropractor.
- Chiropractic care is crucial after a car accident. Whiplash, one of the most common car accident injuries, is often treated primarily by chiropractors.
- Athletes can benefit from a regular chiropractic regimen. Increasing mobility, also known as increasing the range of motion, can prevent future injuries and strengthen the body.