When you’re not sure whether or not you’ve suffered any serious injuries, it can be hard to know what kind of doctor you need to see first in order for your treatment to be the most effective.
After you’ve collected the other involved party’s contact and insurance information, taken photos of the crash scene, and reported the crash to authorities, the next thing you should always do after a car accident is visit a doctor immediately.
Kinds of Doctors to See After A Car Accident
There are a few different kinds of doctors that are able to treat car accident victims. Some of the most common kinds include:
- Emergency Room/Urgent Care – ER or Urgent Care is usually reserved for life-threatening or serious injuries that can’t wait to be seen. Treatment here isn’t usually comprehensive and can be rushed due to the high demand for the doctors and nurses’ time.
- Primary Care Physician – Your family doctor may be able to see you after a car accident, but they may not be able to schedule you in right away or may not be set up to
billto your car insurance.
- Car Accident Chiropractor – Another common doctor’s visit after a car crash is to the office of a specialty car accident chiropractor. Like the Tampa Bay area chiropractors at Sea Change Wellness Chiropractic, these practitioners specialize in the kinds of injuries that can occur from auto impact and are trained to look for the symptoms.
Benefits of Seeing a Car Accident Chiropractor First
A car accident chiropractor will be able to test and examine certain parts of the body that are commonly impacted by car crashes. This may include:
- Pain: A chiropractor can check for inflammation in the muscles, joints, and tendons that can lead to serious health problems in the future. Once the pain is identified, they’ll be able to recommend alternative methods to alleviate the pain completely.
- Mobility: Soreness after a car accident can lead to mobility issues and overall stiffness of the body. A chiropractor can use spinal adjustments and other treatment methods to relax the body and regain flexibility and mobility.
- Whiplash: One of the most common car accident injuries includes whiplash, caused
fromthe impact of the quick back and forthmotionof the neck.
If you’ve been injured by a car accident recently and you’re not sure where to turn, come visit Drs. Brian Brill and Heather Champion at Sea Change Chiropractic is St. Petersburg, FL.