As you recover from a car accident injury, hopefully you’ve already begun seeing a physician for treatment. It’s crucial to be under regular medical care so that you can heal completely from your car crash-related injury. If you’re not already under physician’s care for your car wreck injury, it’s time to go shopping for one that will help you get back to your healthy, mobile self.
Chiropractic is great in treating injuries like herniated discs, whiplash, and more. However, not all chiropractors are made the same. In order to maximize your healing and get back to your normal self faster, here’s what you should be considering before you choose a car accident injury chiropractor:
How to Find A Good Car Accident Chiropractor
- Can you get a referral? Getting a recommendation by friends, family, or neighbors is a great way to initially filter your search. If it comes from someone you trust, it’s probably a recommendation worth looking into.
- Confirm insurance acceptance. Before you get too excited about any chiropractor, check to see if they accept your insurance. Remember that chiropractic care isn’t always covered, so even if your insurance isn’t taken, a high level of care could still make that clinic worth your while.
- Cross-check credentials. You can confirm state licenses and certifications online. It might seem like just an extra step, but it’s important to verify the medical status of your potential doctors.
- Filter by condition. Make sure the chiropractors you’re looking at have experience treating your specific car accident injury. They’ll be better equipped to treat you.
- Review their site. Look over their site to make sure there aren’t any baseless claims or unproved recommendations.
- Call them up. If you’re interested in a chiropractic clinic, call them up to speak with a representative. You can tell a lot about a place by how they treat you over the phone.
Questions to Ask Before Selecting Your Chiropractor
Before you schedule appointments weeks in advance with the same chiropractor, it’s important to do a little in-person due diligence and confirm you’re making the right choice.
- Do they have the time to dedicate to you? A busy doctor might be a good doctor, but what you’re aiming for is a doctor that has enough time to dedicate to the care you need. Make sure their schedule has room for consistent appointments and examinations.
- Do they appear eager to help and empower you? If they don’t seem like they want to be there, helping you, why would you settle? There are chiropractors out there who love what they do and feel passionate about helping their patients heal. Find one of them and you’ll be much better off.
- Are you comfortable with them and at their practice? Chiropractic appointments often involve a lot of physical movement, pressure, and hands-on realignment. Make sure you feel at ease in the office and with the chiropractor, because you’ll be spending a lot of time together.
- Can they confirm relevant experience? Ask them about treating car accident injuries in the past. One with true experience will be able to share tips and relate their history to your condition.
The Right Chiropractor – Just Around the Corner?
Sometimes, finding the right physician doesn’t require jumping through hoops. A great place to start in your search for the right car accident chiropractor is in your very own neighborhood! If you’ve been injured in a car accident in the Tampa Bay or St. Petersburg area, contact or stop by Sea Change Wellness Chiropractic to talk about your injury and a potential path to full recovery.
Leave A Comment